Saturday 20 August 2022

MY FAMILY TREASURES

 


MY FAMILY TREASURES


Boxes of photos, 

and birthday cards too

letters from family, 

I have quite a few.

I kept all the envelopes, 

they give me a clue

as to where people were when 

and when they moved home

like so many others

they tended to roam.

I love the few treasures

from each I have known

it might be a trinket

or a plant they have grown..

it could be an address book

filled with names they did know

some searching is needed

to make the family tree grow.

I have a beautiful rug that 

my grandmother wove

kept in a great leather port

with which my grandfather did rove..

and even some trinkets 

in gold, silver… and mauve.

From one Aunt ..candle holders

a liqueur set from another

and an artists box filled

from their talented brother…

There are so many memories

 entrusted to me

as the keeper of treasures

of our extended family.


© Crissouli 19 Aug 2022 


Papauli's suitcase..
Crissouli©


Floral arrangement vintage-flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible once approved. Thank you.